GEC works with a variety of Employers/Host Organizations across the U.S. Host Organizations include hotels and resorts and restaurants. Before training plans offered by Host Organizations are approved by GEC, all Host Organizations must have submitted the necessary required vetting paperwork for their business and the details of the training. Host Organizations agree to:

  • Provide updated vetting documents as necessary (addendums, annual updates, policy and license renewals, etc.)
  • Contact GEC immediately when an Intern/Trainee arrives, is terminated, abandons training, or ends training at the conclusion of their program.
  • Adhere to the terms, pay and hours on the executed training plan
  • Ensure that international participants are paid the same wages and have the same conditions as would be provided to U.S. employees.
  • Not allow an Intern/Trainee to train before or after the end date on their DS-2019/7002 form
  • Contact GEC immediately of any concerns regarding health, safety and welfare of participants
  • Understand that training opportunities are at-will just as an American employee
  • If applicable, provide only housing and transportation that is safe, suitable and affordable
  • Organize and support cultural activities for the participants while they are working/training at the host employer site.

If you are interested in becoming a GEC Host Organization, please contact us at

Questions about Taxes

  • IRS Publication 519, U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens

Hiring Foreign Workers

Federal regulations that govern the program

Participant FAQ

The participants have access to the Social Security application in the GEC Program Materials. A list of documents they will need to take with them to the Social Security Administration is also found here. If they have already applied and have a question about their card, refer them to the office where they applied. They can contact the Social Security Administration directly at 1-800-772-1213 or visit for information.

They have information to contact their home country embassy in Washington, D.C. for help. The embassy will assist them with obtaining any documents needed to travel home.

The participants should contact GEC during regular business hours in order to obtain a new form. Participants are responsible for paying the fees to replace the document.